Tuesday, December 8, 2009

omg respect

i teach in the main hallway in my school and lately there has been at least one fight a week outside my doors during class. usually when this happens, you can observe classroom doors swinging open throughout the entire hall as students rush out to see what's going on.

today there was a fight near the end of the day as i was 45 minutes into a math class and trying to get the class's attention to start to wrap up.

there was yelling outside and students swarmed into the hallway to get involved.

my kids actually ASKED me if they could leave their seats to see what was going on! i told them they could crowd around and watch but they had to keep my doors closed. and they listened.

unbelievable.

and within 3 minutes i was able to resume, give out some reminders, and a wrap up problem.

No comments: